General Surgery involves round the clock presence of surgeons in hospitals in case of emergency surgeries. Dhwani’s general surgeons are experienced, highly qualified surgeons who are well supported by resident doctors. The general surgery department is well equipped to take charge of all surgical emergencies and problems. Abdominal traumas and other acute emergency cases are efficiently handled by the caring doctors and staff of the hospital.
Emergency surgeries and Elective Surgeries are performed regularly.
Emergency surgeries include all abdominal trauma cases which need immediate attention and surgery.
- Perforation of the gastrointestinal tract • Intestinal obstruction is the failure of the intestine to pass contents a due to partial or complete blockage of the bowel.
- Obstructed abdominal hernias can advance towards strangulation since it is a medical disorder in which bowel is trapped and blocked but feasible.
- Acute abdominal cases like acute appendicitis, acute cholecystitis, etc.
- Acute abdominal pain due to sudden swelling of the gallbladder caused by gallstones causes acute cholecystitis.
- Acute appendicitis medically known as epityphlitis is swelling of the appendix which requires removal through surgery.
Thyroid surgeries like hemithyroidectomy, total thyroidectomy, etc.
Hemithyroidectomy is the surgery of either of the lobes of the thyroid gland suspected of being cancerous. If on removal of the nodule and further pathological investigation it proves to be cancerous there is a complete thyroidectomy which is a separate operation.
- All breast cases like breast lumps, radical mastectomy, etc. Breasts lumps are tissues that develop when the changes occur in breasts due to hormonal variations. Mostly they are not cancerous but removal of lumps is always safe. Radical mastectomy is the removal of the breast to combat breast cancer
- Colorectal surgery Inflammation of the colon and rectal which can lead to cancer.
- Semi and total colectomies, fissure, fistula in ano and haemorroidectomy using the latest laser techniques Haemorroidectomy, known as piles are small blood swellings located inside the anus but protrudes out.
- All hernias like hydrocele, etc. It is a collection of watery fluid around the testicles. Generally found in new born babies. Surgery needed when it stays in 12 to 18month babies too.
- G.I. Surgery
- Diabetic foot surgery using the latest techniques
Dhwani surgeons perform the following surgeries through advanced laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgery.
- Benign and malignant diseases of the oesophagus, stomach and intestines Liver, spleen and pancreatic surgery
- Gall bladder diseases and surgical jaundice
- Modern management of hernias of various kinds (laparoscopic and open techniques)
- Modern management of anorectal diseases like piles, fissures and fistulas
- Benign and malignant diseases of breasts and thyroid & salivary glands
- Advanced vascular surgery of the aorta, carotid artery, peripheral vascular and vein surgery
- Thoracic and thoracoscopic surgery
- Lumps and swellings on the body
Surgery on endocrine glands
- Neck surgery
- Correction of male genital abnormalities
- Bariatric surgery Bariatric surgery is not just for overweight people but also for those who are unable to shed weight through dieting. After the surgery one should be cautious about the quantity as well as the quality of food one eats and one should maintain his or her weight.
- Surgery for spleen and blood disorders – like sphercytosis, thrombo cytopuma Sphercytosis is a hereditary disorder. It is a disorder of the red blood cells. Other emergency surgical problems
- Professionalism and quality are the earmarks of Dhwani’s General Surgery Centre. Treatment is of high quality with the experienced surgeons. Indiaprofile.com offers information on General Surgery. Log on to it to get the information about Dhwani hospital’s best surgeons performing General Surgery.